Type of employment: Fixed-term contract
Reports to: Tele-Collections Manager, Nigeria
Department: Business Risks
The team you would join:
- The IDC will be working in the Enterprise Risk Department of Greenlight Planet, Nigeria and will work closely with the Contact Center, Operations and Sales team in following up with customers to effect reimbursement for our Pay- As-You-Go.
- We are looking for an experienced independent collection agent who would leverage their expertise to increase our reimbursement and collection rate.
What you would be expected to do:
- Use various jump-tracking techniques and collection strategies (often devised by employees) to locate the right parties to negotiate payment terms on high-value or high-collection accounts.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when the right part is reached. The process often requires reviewing account information in the database and/or asking probing questions to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections and suggest sources of money for debt payment. That is, minimizing payment resistance and suggesting user-friendly payment options available.
- Use payment options (credit cards, direct checks) and secure this information so that the administrative services can process it.
- Offer customers multiple payment options and arrange for balances to be paid off quickly.
- Negotiate settlements outside of normal guidelines, allow credit bureau deletions, negotiate payment agreements over a longer than normal period.
- Update customer account details and resolve pending customer issues.
- Escalate and categorize all fraud cases and follow up with effective timelines and solutions benefiting both the business and customers
- Updating correct customer data and information during collection calls.
- Ensure data security and protection on data entry of all customers during collection interactions
- Collect customer complaints and forward them to relevant information using available tools
You might be a good candidate if you:
- Hold a degree or diploma in a business-related field or have a minimum of 2 years of work in business development or in a sales role in the FMCG, banking or telecommunications sectors;
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, collections or a related role is preferred
- Can communicate clearly and succinctly, using proper grammar and phone etiquette is preferred
- Can speak Yoruba and Hausa languages fluently.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high-impact industry;
- The chance to work in a collaborative, open-minded culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world;
- A true multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work and learn from people of different geographies, nationalities and backgrounds.
- Structured and personalized learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Click here to apply