Viking Mines (ASX:VKA) receives outstanding results from First Hit – The Market Herald
- Viking Mines (VKA) receives results from the remaining holes of the First Hit project in the Western Australian gold fields
- A total of 71 reverse circulation holes were drilled to test four high priority target areas
- New results come from the Twin Peaks and First Hit South target zones with grades peaking at 7.66 g/t gold
- Earlier results were from the First Hit North and Jana’s Reward targets where up to 13.52 g/t gold and 36.49 g/t gold were intersected, respectively.
- Viking ends the day 9.09% in the green with shares trading at 1.2 cents
Viking Mines (VKA) has received results from the remaining holes of the First Hit project in the Western Australian goldfields.
A total of 71 reverse circulation (RC) holes, for 6723 meters, were drilled to test four high priority target areas.
The company has received results from the remaining 33 holes with gold mineralization intersected in all four target areas.
New results come from the Twin Peaks and First Hit South target zones and confirm the presence of gold-bearing structures.
Results include one meter grading 7.66 g/t gold 45 meters and two meters grading 4.49 g/t gold 147 meters from the First Hit South target, the latter result immediately adjacent to the mine historic gold.
Twin Peaks returned a shallow two meter intersection at 3.71 g/t gold from 53 meters.
Earlier results were from the First Hit North and Jana’s Reward targets where up to 13.52 g/t gold and 36.49 g/t gold were intersected, respectively.
“Now that we have the full dataset from the RC drill program, we can see that there have been a number of successes achieved on all targets tested, with clear priorities for follow-up,” said the CEO and Managing Director Julian Woodcock.
“The outstanding program results are those received for the First Hit North with the identification of two potential new shoots emerging from the First Hit mine and in particular the Jana’s Reward target with results of up to 36 g/t gold in an area that has not been tested before.
“We will first focus our attention on these two target areas and continue to work to determine what the potential size and magnitude of these results could mean for Viking shareholders.”
Viking will now update grade, geologic and structural wireframes along First Hit, undertake wireframe and geologic modeling of Twin Peaks, and evaluate geochemical datasets to improve geologic modeling, gold targeting and the vectorization of pegmatites.
Viking ended the day 9.09% in the green with shares trading at 1.2 cents.